When a human realizes that surviving isn’t fully living, that they want a better, different, other kind of life and they can’t seem to figure out the next step… occasionally they arrive here.
There is no lightning bolt or a single event that fixes you. There is no magic wand or magic pill that makes it all ok. This is a process of learning to collaborate with ourselves, physically, mentally and emotionally.
Experiences will be shared here, Mine and other humans. Consent will be explicitly obtained. Names and details will be changed to ensure anonymity and give grace.
Humans are not born with the knowledge of how to self regulate. Humans are taught how to manage our emotions by watching our adults navigate their emotions. Experiencing emotions is part of being human. Emotions are terrifying if you don't know how to experience them safely.
We believe that safety is crucial to functioning as a healthy human.
Principles to Ponder...
- Humans are perfectly imperfect.
- Human’s don’t choose their family of origin, their childhood, their genetic predispositions, or their existential paths.
- Errors are a part of being human.
- Emotions are part of being human.
- Every human chooses the best/safest/less fear evoking choice in a crisis because that is how we are wired.
- Compassionate self parenting is an act of love.
- Holding Grace for yourself and others is an act of love.
- Holding boundaries with yourself and others is an act of love.
- Letting people walk their own path without interference is an act of love.
- Learning to love yourself goes hand in hand with learning to value yourself.
- All humans can learn to live with their emotions and love themselves and others.
- You are worthy of Your Love, Your Grace, Your compassion and the enormous effort it takes to learn to do those acts
Please join us as we journey.
Sometimes twenty-four hours in the day doesn’t feel like enough. This is a common sentiment for those that experience revenge bedtime. Revenge Bedtime Have you ever stayed up late simply because you need more time to watch TV, read a book, or be alone? If you have, then you may be experiencing revenge bedtime. Revenge…Read More >>
At MKKC, we believe in innovative, personalized treatment options that empower clients to achieve their goals. Recent research has shown that cold water swimming can be an effective way to cope with depression and reduce symptoms. Let’s dive deeper into the practice of cold water swimming and discuss how it can help with depression management.…Read More >>
Unpredictability is a truth of being human Unpredictability is a truth of being human. We are born as little sponges, internalizing each experience, attempting to glean knowledge and understanding of the why's of life. This “need for predictability” is a safety drive. If we can figure out where the danger is coming from, we can…Read More >>
Let's stop vilifying coping mechanisms. Amygdala and stress emotion management Coping mechanisms that originate from emotionally intense situations are the best response our amygdala could find in the midst of abject fear. Humans always choose the option that appears safest and most inline with their internal understanding of life. Once they are in place and…Read More >>